Post Root Canal Care
A root canal treatment which is done when the pulp of the tooth becomes inflamed or infected feels tender for a few days’ post treatment.
It is essential to take care of your treated tooth and thus understand the methods of care post a root canal.
Post Root Canal Care:
Following guidelines should be followed to take care of your root canal treated tooth:
1. As the treatment area is numbed with local anesthesia during treatment, do not eat anything till the numbness wears off. Eating anything during this period can lead to cheek or tongue bite.
2. Avoid chewing hard foods on the root canal treated tooth.
3. Brush your teeth normally twice a day
4. Floss everyday
5. Do not worry if your temporary filling is chipping out.
6. Some amount of pain, tenderness might be felt post treatment. Continue taking the medications prescribes by the doctor
Each root canal needs to be restored with a final restoration. Once restored properly with a crown, the tooth remains protected for multiple number of years.
If you notice any swelling inside or outside your mouth or any allergic reaction to medication including rash, hives or itching contact your dentist immediately.